Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2-3 apples
- 2-3 peaches or pears
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Wash, core and chop fruit into slices or chunks.
2. Place fruit in large saucepan with 1/3 cup water. Add the maple syrup and raisins
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and cinnamon. cook another 10 minutes, until soft.
5. While fruit is cooking, chop nuts, place in a skillet and toast, stirring, for 5 minutes.
6. Drizzle the honey over the nuts and add the ginger, keep stirring because the honey can easily burn.
7. Top warm fruit with toasted nuts.