4 6 ounce salmon fillets
1/3 cup pomegranate juice
juice and zest of one lime
3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons canola oil
Sweet Cucumber Salsa:
¾ cup diced peeled cucumbers
2 tablespoons diced fresh chives
3 tablespoons diced red peppers
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Pinch red pepper flakes
Pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish. In a small bowl, combine pomegranate and lime juies, lime zest and mustard. Pour marinade over fish and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a sauté pan, over medium heat. Sear salmon for 1-2 minutes, on each side, brushing with reserved marinade before turning. Return salmon to the baking pan and bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through to desired doneness.
4. Combine all ingredients for Sweet Cucumber Salsa in a medium bowl and mix well.
5. Serve each fillet topped with 2 tablespoons of the Salsa
Adapted from Canyon Ranch.