- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups slightly undercooked quinoa (1 cup dry, cooked accoding to package directions)
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 chopped dill
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the spinach in a large saucepan with a splash of vegetable broth, and cook, covered, for about 3-5 minutes, until completely wilted.Rinse with cold water, squeeze dry, and chop. Set aside.
2. In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, cook until translucent, 5-10 minutes.
3. Whisk together the eggs and yogurt. Combine the onion mixture with the quinoa, feta, scallions, dill and spinach; stir in the egg mixture, pepper and salt to taste. Mix well. Spread the quinoa mixture evenly in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Bake until golden brown at edges, 35-45 minutes. Cool slghtly before serving.