- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 8 ounces button mushrooms. sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 15 0z can no-salt added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8″ loaf pan with olive oil (pour a small amount into pan and with a paper towel, coat the pan with oil), set aside. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put beans, oats and 1/2 cup water into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, bean mixture, quinoa, edamame, parsely, onion. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, gently pressing down and mounding it in the middle. Bake until firm and golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Set aside to rest for 10 minites before slicing and serving.