This is a wonderful dish on its own as a main course, or served as a side dish with fish or chicken.
1 cup quinoa, washed and toasted in a dry pan for a few minutes, until it smells nutty.
2 1⁄4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
Pinch of Sea salt
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 cup dried cherries
1 lb. spinach leaves, washed
1 cup garbanzo beans (chick peas) juice and zest from 2 oranges
1. In a medium saucepan, bring broth and pinch salt to a boil. Add quinoa, turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
2. In a medium skillet, add olive oil and sauté onion for 10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add cherries, spinach and beans. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted.
4. Mix the quinoa with the ingredients from the skillet in a large bowl.
5. Add the juice and zest, stir gently.