Serve this one up at your next dinner party and your guests will be amazed! This delicious recipe features so many brain-boosting ingredients including omega-3 rich seafood and powerful, anti-inflammatory spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, about 1 cup, medium dice
- 1 small yellow onion, about 1 cup, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon saffron
- 2 cups cauliflower “rice”(available in the “cut up” produce section)
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ lb large scallops
- ¾ lb salmon filet cut into 1-2″ cubes
- ¼ lb mussels
- cilantro (about ½ cup, chopped)
- green onions (about ½ cup, chopped)
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- Heat a large sauté pan or paella pan on high heat. Add the oil, yellow bell pepper, and yellow onion and allow to cook until golden and tender.
- Add garlic to the pan, stir, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes. While this is cooking, add in smoked paprika, coriander, ancho chile, cumin, turmeric, and saffron. Stir and allow spices to toast briefly for 2 minutes. Quickly stir in ¼ cup water. This will create your Sofrito
- Add grated cauliflower to pan and stir. Allow to cook about 3 minutes. Add in peas and stir. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Evenly spread the shrimp, scallops, salmon, and mussels on top of the cauliflower and Sofrito. Cover with a lid and allow to cook about 5 minutes. Be sure shrimp is cooked through and is pink.
- Garnish the top with chopped cilantro and green onions. Serve with lemon and lime wedges on the side.
Adapted from Mark Hyman