- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters, then into 1/8 inch slices
- 4 tablespoons Smart Balance Light, plus 2 tablespoons melted
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium baking apples, such as Granny Smith or Cortland. Peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 6 cups loosely packed braising greens such as kale, chard, or collard greens, stems removed and torn into 2-inch strips
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
On foil lined baking sheet, toss potato slices with 2 tablespoons melted Smart Balance and ¼ cup of the vegetable stock, 1 teaspoon of the salt and ½ teaspoon pepper
Bake until cooked thoroughly and slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes. Keep warm
In heavy medium skillet, over moderate heat, melt 3 tablespoons Smart Balance. Add apples and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Keep warm.
In heavy large pot, over moderate heat, combine remaining Smart Balance and vegetable stock Add greens and sauté, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to moderately low, add sweet potatoes and apples. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 3-4 minutes. Stir in parsley, remaining salt and pepper, to taste.