- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15 oz. can low sodium gigante, butter, or white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon leaves, divided
Place barley in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 inches. Season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, run under cold water and set aside.
Meanwhile, make dressing. Whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, and 5 Tbsp. olive oil in a bowl until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook, turning occssionally, until browned in spots, 10-12 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. water, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; add beans, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 Tbsp. tarragon, reserved barley, and 1/2 of the reserved dressing. Toss to coat, adjust seasoning.
Garnish with lemon zest, remaining parsley and taragon.