- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Juice & zest of one lime
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for ~15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Add cumin, chili powder and chipotle powder to open up the spices. Add black beans and stir to coat in the spice mixture. Once coated, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, scallions, peppers, lime zest and lime juice. Add bean mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy! Can be served warm or cold.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Euphebe