- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cassava flour or corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled goat’s milk feta cheese
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted and cut into slices
1. Toss sprouts with lime juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh pepper
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, crack both eggs into a pan, season with salt and pepper. Oil should be bubbling around eggs. Cook until whites are set and crisp around the edges – rotate pan occasionally. Cook for about 2 minutes. Yolks should be runny. Add red pepper flakes to oil in a pan and remove from heat.
3. Heat tortillas in a toaster oven until just warmed.
4. Mound sprouts on tortillas, top with cooked eggs. Spoon chili oil from the skillet and drizzle over each egg. Sprinkle crumbled feta over and serve with avocado slices.
*Adapted from Bon Appetit, January 2015